A magic time travel in the country’s only Hussar hotel
We are proud to announce that Hotel Óbester**** is an unrivalled world curiosity among the hotels of Debrecen.
Why do we think it?
In response, we invite you for a virtual time travel of a few minutes in the country’s only Hussar hotel!
The word Hussar is probably derived from the word “husz” (húsz; or “twenty” in Hungarian). King Matthias ordered that “a soldier must be appointed to the army of the king per each twenty serf land”. This means that the cost of twenty land owners should cover one appointed soldier. King Matthias calls the light cavalry of his popular Black Army as Hussars already in 1481.
Hotel Óbester is located in the historic downtown of Debrecen, at the mouth of the street named after the Óbester (the archaic version of the word colonel) of Simony. In its every little detail, the hotel cites this heroic Hungarian company! To the amusement of guests staying in our hotel, the magical time travel is ensured by individually designed and prepared contemporary furniture and authentic exhibition items.
At us you can bath in tubs, light a candle and cover your window with heavy upholstery.
At the same time we tried to do our best to preserve the historic national atmosphere while equipping the place with today’s modern technology - and our dream was finally realized.
- with 35 pieces of Superior double rooms,
- with 5 pieces of single rooms,
- with 3 pieces of honeymoon suites,
- with 1 piece of family suite,
- and 1 piece of exclusive suite.
We are proud of the fact that our hotel is the world’s first Hussar hotel, therefore we named it after the legendary Hussar officer, born in the vicinity of our region, Baron Joseph Simonyi from Barbács and Vitézvár, or better known as Óbester Simonyi. After all, he was the one who received the most honorific title from his peers: “The bravest Hussar!”
In Hotel Óbester we await business travellers and those wishing to relax all year round.
Our closed, free car park and reception service is available to our guests 24 hours a day.
- Our wellness and health maintenance services, furthermore, cultural and regional excursions and guided sightseeing ensure a pleasant stay and wonderful relax.
- For your family events we offer a unique environment and excellent organisation, for a group of guests between 30 and 200 persons. Starting from lunches or dinners for the occasion of baptism, banquets or proms through the celebration of graduation by the family and friends or bachelorette or bachelor parties to weddings or celebrations of retirement, we fulfil all your needs with assorted meals and programs, accompanied with elegant decoration suitable for the occasion.
- Your business goals are supported in our superbly equipped events halls by our business services: projector + screen, sound system, WiFi connection and flipchart is available to you, your colleagues and business partners. Simonyi hall, suitable for up to 30 persons serves as the perfect and impressive venue for organizing conferences, team building trainings, educational events, presentations, meetings and other events. The hall can be combined with the adjacent Cigar Room, thus it is suitable for the accommodation of up to 50 persons.
We would like to share our outstanding cultural heritage with you - you can personally take a look at our prides!
The oil painting of 12 x 2.3 meters, located in the hall of the hotel depicts a typical moments of an international meeting of Hussars, with known urban persons (it is the artwork of Gyula Boros, painter).
The plotting board displaying more than 500 lead soldiers, prepared to commemorate the famous Battle of Wagram (1809) is also located in the lobby of the hotel.
On the ceiling of the atrium one can see the artwork of Krisztina Családi, painter titled “Creation of the Earth”.
The rooms are decorated with oil paintings prepared by painters of Debrecen; they depict Hussars with their girlfriends or during merrymaking.
The more than 100 pieces of pictures presenting the Hussars of 43 countries can by found in the stairway.
- We can fully take care also of your gastronomic experiences in John Bull Pub, located on the ground floor of the hotel which has a tastefully designed milieu and unique dishes that everyone should taste. Its curiosity is the unique collection of miniature beverage bottles, consisting of more than 5,000 pieces.
As you can see, we thought of everything you could possible need for the success of events meaning a milestone in your life and career. Travel to the era of Hussars with Hotel Óbester and in the meantime we will do our best to make you feel great and become one of our recurring guests!
Ask for information and details about your upcoming event!